Thursday, January 29, 2009

Motherhood..

I have officially join motherhood on 13 Jan 2009.

I went for my review on 12 Jan 2009 and as I was in my 40 weeks pregnancy and baby was fully develop, Dr Alex gave me the go ahead to be induce on the 13 Jan 2009 morning. He instructed me to have a light breakfast the next day and admit myself to be induce the next morning.


So i went home and told my family members i will hospital the next day.. haha.. was joking with my sister that i will go back early to take a long shower and prepare myself for my confinement. Chris came and pick me home early... I went home relook into my hospital bag and do some last minute packing and also clean up my house and instructed Chris to do some stuff when i am not around for the confinement.

After packing i went to bath.. before bathing i hv a strong urge to poo.. so i sit at the toilet bowl to poo.. but the pain was not the normal poo poo pain.. i tot it might be some contraction.. but i just ignore the pain.. i went to take a long shower and wash my hair throughly.. then i went to catch some dvd that Chris rented.. I wanted to spend some time with him before we loses our couple time.. half way thru the show, i felt the similar pain again.. I told Chris that i might not wait till the morning... then i start to time the interval between the pain.. oww.. it was abt 10 mins.. it was abt 11+ pm.. Chris was panicking and ask me to go to hospital immediately.. I told chris not to panick and we still hv time.. I told him to slowly pack and change and got all the things ready..

Then we slowly head to the hospital at abt 11.30 pm... While on the way, Chris make the call to Dr Alex and inform him that i was having contraction and told him the interval between each contraction.. then Dr. Alex told us to head to hospital and we inform him that we are already on our way... we reached Mount E around midnight..

I was wheel to the delivery suite.. then the nurses did some check on me to confirm that i was in labour.. then she told me that i was 3 cm dilated.. she asked if i am wanted epidural.. i told her i can wait.. then after a while, at abt 3 plus, the pain become more intense and i was telling chris that i cannot take the pain.. the nurse asked again if i wanted epidural.. I gave up and said ok.. coz she say this pain is only the beginning... while waiting for the doc to give me the epidural, i told chris i felt useless.. cant tolerate the pain.. :P anyway when the doc came, he give me the epidural and also talk to me abt some side effects on the medication.. after the jab, the pain was lesser but i was shivering.. the doc say i was too tense thus the shivering.. the shivering from the jab will not take effect so fast..

I doze off a while and woke up coz i felt some pain again.. ask the mid wife.. and she say the pain is the pressure from the contraction and cannot be reduce by epidural.. so i hv to endure.. Finally at abt 8.00 am in the morning, the midwife came in to ask me to prepare to push..

After a few pushes, Dr. Alex came to look at me and told me i was doing fine and go ahead to push.. after he left, the nurses realise that Ryan's heartbeat decreases every time i push.. so they alert Dr Alex again.. and this time Dr. Alex return and look at Ryan's CTG.. and told the nurses to prepare for vacuum delivery.. so at 9.28 am, Ryan was in my arms.. and Chris was smiling when he saw Ryan for the first time.. We are both parents.. I guess it is a moment i can never forget..


No comments: